Cleaning Services by Gun Type
- Pistol Cleaning $25
- Rifle/Shotgun Cleaning $40
- AR Platforms Cleaning $55
Automatic Pistols/Revolvers, AR Rifles, Standard Rifles/Shotguns
- Completely Disassemble Gun
- Reassemble and Function Check Gun
- Ensure the Firearm is Properly Lubricated
Firearm Maintenance Recommended Schedule
CONCEALED CARRY WEAPON
- A CCW is a firearm that is carried on a person each day. This firearm will usually be carried in a holster, pocket, purse, console or some other type location. These locations get firearms dirty and expose them to contaminants. These contaminants include moisture, dust, lint, gum, and lots of others. The last thing that we ever want to happen is you have to use your firearm in a self-defense situation however, if that situation arises we sure want it to work and perform correctly to protect you and your family. These firearms are recommended to be cleaned at least once a month.
MAINTENANCE AFTER FIRING
- When a firearm is fired the explosion causes carbon. Carbon can buildup in many areas of the firearm. When carbon dries it turns very hard like cement. It not only is very hard to remove from the gun at this point but it is damaging to the firearm. This process happens in 30 days. All firearms need to be cleaned after being fired within 30 days. All firearms should be cleaned after being fired 500 rounds, whichever is first.
- Firearms should be cleaned before hunting. Guns can easily misfire and jam after they have been sitting up for a while. To ensure the firearm is cleaned and lubed properly prior to hunting we recommend they be cleaned. Also, after the hunting season, the firearm needs to be cleaned again before storage.
COMPETITION AND ACTIVE SHOOTERS
- All firearms should be cleaned within 30 days of being fired. All firearms should be cleaned after the firearm is shoot 500 to 700 rounds depending on the firearm.
GUN COLLECTORS AND NON-SHOOTING GUN OWNERS
- All firearms should be cleaned at least once a year. TGC recommends they be cleaned twice a year. When a gun is stored for a long period of time, the lubrication gets old and gummy. The firearm collects dust and moisture. In order for a firearm to maintain its integrity, functionality and value, it needs to be cleaned once to twice a year.